Monday, October 6, 2008

Pop's Birthday at Darden!

This past weekend our family got together at Darden. My brother-in-law's family owns a lake house there and we always enjoy spending time there when we can. Since today is my father's birthday, we celebrated it Saturday night out there. Blair and I were a bit anxious to take Mary Bishop because this would be her first night to stay somewhere else besides our house. I guess you could call it her first "mini vacation." So.... we packed every thing but the kitchen sink for this girl. Swing, diapers, clothes, more clothes, more diapers, wipes, etc., etc. Enough for her to be comfortable for a week. Keep in mind we are only staying one night!!! We got there with no troubles. She slept the whole way...but Blair kept saying, "Ben I feel like we are forgetting something." Just the nerves I told her...first time away from the house. Don't worry! But what did we forget....OUR STUFF! No mommy and daddy clothes, toothbrushes, etc.! Boy have our priorities changed! We still had the best time and enjoyed celebrating my dad's birthday. We hope he has many more with these little ones and we hope he knows just how much he is loved! He has waited a long time to become a "Pops" and we think he's the best!! We love you dad!








4 comments:

The Murphy's said...

Now that is funny!!! You got it right your priorties totally change!!!

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

hey blair! i just found you on here!

Laura Drewry said...

That is hilarious!! Don't have any kiddos yet, but can totally see that happening as a new parent!! She is PRECIOUS!!

The Rheas said...

She is so cute! My how things change I know! Glad you survived your first night away.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker